There are three categories of volunteers:
- Visitor Volunteers - are required to follow Policy #916 and do not need clearances.
- Building Volunteers - are required to show proof of a negative TB test and provide up-to-date criminal background checks listed below.
- Partner Volunteers - are required to show proof of current clearances (listed below) and a negative TB test.
Clearances required are:
- PA State Criminal Record Check (Section 1-111 of the Pennsylvania School Code – Act 34) - This form can be accessed from the PA State Police website at https://epatch.state.pa.us. COST: $8.00 (Note: This cost is wavied for volunteers.)
- Child Abuse Clearance (Sections 6354-6358 of the Public Welfare Code – Act 151) – This form can be accessed from the PA Department of Human Services website at https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home. COST: $10.00
- FBI Federal Criminal Background – To initiate this background check, applicants must register online at https://www.pa.cogentid.com/index_pde.htm under the PA Department of Education. No other agency registration, such as the Department of Welfare, will be accepted. COST: $28.75
If you do not have access to the internet or a printer and need physical copies of the forms, visit your school's Main Office for assistance.